Basically the graph here has been my progress so far. Back in June and July I conceived the idea of creating an application. In August I made my first commits using Qt Widgets but as it stood it wasn’t easy to provide animations and transitions with widgets so I contemplated about using QML/QtQuick, to tackle two different languages took a toll on me I had to take breaks for a few days. I barely knew C++, heck, I still don’t know much about it but most of its syntax I can recognize and digest compared to when I started. And QML is sort of like a this weird technology that is so implicit in nature it drives you insane, at the same time the more you use QML the more you realize that your whole application can react to practically anything, it’s like using Qt’s
connect on steroids, seriously.
And that’s what so scary about QML in a way. When I started writing QML I always overdid my QML types to the point I had to refactor or rewrite it again. Now in December I use less built-in types and do more in a way because I’m aware of QML’s behavior and how most of the anchors/layouts lays/positions itself.
If you notice, there aren’t almost any commits in the month of November I’d say I was taking care of personal issues and dealing with college that kept me away from programming. I was also really burnt out due to dealing with two languages so there’s that.
Well, I hope I can start this January of 2016 with a bang finally releasing my app.